Friday, October 2, 2009

GETTING PREGNANT WITH IRREGULAR PERIODS

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4










Irregular periods , a symptom of my PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), was one of my challenges when I was trying to conceive and I know many women struggling with infertility caused by PCOS, is dealing with this as well, hence my decision to do this post.

Let me say, I know this is the information age where everything can be ‘googled,’ nevertheless, I still want to share my experience with this issue, as it is always comforting to be able to identify with others and knowing you arfe not alone in your struggles, and you just never can tell, maybe it will help even one person.
As a result of my irregular cycle, it was impossible to track ovulation because my cycles were erratic and would most times be longer than the normal, which is said to be between 28 and 35 days.
I remember once, in desperation , trying an ovulation predicator kit which, every time I tested, showed that I was ovulating but still no pregnancy occurred. I am just learning that ovulation predictor kits do not really work if you have irregular periods. Instead, it is suggested that you use your Basal Body temperature and your cervical mucus, as this is the best and most natural way of knowing when you are ovulating. I have also recently learnt that even though women with PCOS have periods, it does not necessarily mean that they are ovulating, a condition known as ‘anovulation.’ That, I think was my problem because I remember my doctor doing an examination and proceeded to tell me that he had not seen any evidence of any recent ovulation.

I did see the information while researching online, later on in my struggles with infertility, where one could track ovulation using Basal Body Temperature and cervical mucus, but I did not try it because I simply was not patient enough to go through all that was expected for an accurate result. I wanted to be pregnant very badly, but I wanted it to happen in a less complicated way and so I soon opted to do surgery (laparoscopy), as my doctor told me this would greatly increase my chances of achieving pregnancy.

Please follow the link below to see what your Basal Body temperature and cervical mucus are and how to go about charting to predict exactly when you ovulate.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_basal-body-temperature-and-cervical-mucus_3195.bc

Read about the condition anovulation, by following the link below.
http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/anovulation.html

Until next time, keep clinging to hope.

1 comment:

  1. Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection
    2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    3. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.
    4. Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    5. Cyst from the ovaries
    6. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching
    7. Irregular menstruation
    8. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    9. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    10. Infertility for easy Conception.......
    11. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..

    ReplyDelete