Wednesday, March 7, 2012

THE IMPACT OF ACKNOWLEDGING AND COMMENDING




"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."

            Helen Keller






A couple of days ago, a very good friend of mine called. After talking for a bit, she asked how our children were doing. I responded, they are doing great. She then proceeded to say how proud she was of us, and that we had done so well in having now, two children. I was at a lost for words to respond, to the point where I even had a hard time saying thanks.
I found it hard to respond because I knew if it was not for the fact that we had come to the point where we were able to take ourselves out of our struggle and allow God, in all his awesomeness to work through us, (It took us almost a decade to understand what it meant to do this), this conversation with my dear friend would not have happened, and I did not hesitate to make her aware of this.
She then went on further to say that we could have given up on God, abandon our faith and our marriage, because struggles of this nature do, at times, result in such things happening, but we remained resolute and are now reaping the fruits of our labour. 
I was led to do this post to challenge us all to acknowledge and commend each other when we have accomplished things that merits this, just as my friend saw it necessary to acknowledge and commend my husband’s and I  efforts in our fertility struggle that in the end became so public.. This life is so difficult that we do need a lift in our spirits ever so often. A child who is often encouraged and commended will no doubt go on to be a successful adult and have great impact on those around her
 Thanks my friend for that very timely call.
I would also like to encourage those of us who are having difficult times in our lives, be it infertility struggles or any other, just know that God can fix it, but in turn we have to do our part. I must admit that I knew all along that God could have fixed my struggles, but I just did not know how to simply let him. I kept getting in his way. Sadly, it is not my place to tell you how to get to this point in your struggle/s, as you have to come to this point in your own time, and by your own convictions. You have to cry and throw your tantrums and pity parties, because the timeline of your struggle, be it one month, two years or even a decade long, is absolutely necessary, as there is a lot to be learnt about yourself, about life and most of all about your relationship with God (if you have one such) and I am excited to tell you that God is patient and he will be on the other side waiting for you.
Have a Blessed Day All


No comments:

Post a Comment