Monday, March 28, 2011

SOMETIMES, JUST ‘I AM SORRY’ WILL DO



A miscarriage is a very difficult thing for any woman to have to experience and women who struggle with infertility, sadly,  find themselves dealing with miscarriages as well.

When I lost our daughter, my husband arranged that I stayed at my sister’s, to ensure that I would not be alone in the days following my miscarriage, and when I went to my sister’s the day after my release from the hospital, I was in tears. My sister hugged me without saying a single word, while I cried and that was enough for me in that moment. 

My mom said something to me, during that time that meant so much, she said that, ‘God saw how beautiful our daughter was and decided to keep her for himself.’ I am not sure why that meant so much to me, but it did.

Having said this, there are persons who, with all good intentions, just say the wrong things to women who are grieving after miscarrying.  

A fellow blogger is very kind to have come up with 10 things that should not be said to a woman who has just suffered a miscarriage and these include not saying:-
  1. Its probably for the best
  2. You can always try again

Why not check out the rest:-

She has also advised that just saying sorry, is all that is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment